Fedora friendly debian user seeks help finding downloaded file

Dave Atkinson dave_atkinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Sep 19 11:27:39 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 03:38 -0700, Jared Hall wrote:
> Fedora Users-
>
> I have to admit that I a question for a Debian machine (but the laptop
> I'm using right now is fedora!). Please help me anyway.  Debian users
> don't seem as active as you all lately.
>
> I am trying to find a file which was uploaded to my server a couple of
> days ago over ssh using the scp command syntax.  I cannot remember the
> name of the file, or where it was placed.
>
> Is there any place I can look to see what files were uploaded to my
> computer via scp?
> Is there a command or log file which will show me all files which have
> been uploaded?
>
> I have another question too, about a certain missing php.ini file, but
> I'll put that into a different email.
>
> Thank you
>
> Jared

You could try

$ find / -mtime -2 -print

will show you all files modified in the last two days (-mtime +2 would
be older than two days and -mtime 2, exactly two days [not very
useful]).  If you have a rough idea which directory it might be in, try
that instead of '/', so you don't have to read the entire disk...

$ man find

is your friend... ;)