FC4: How to capture a window's screen snapshot?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 19 12:39:10 UTC 2005

--- Paul Smith <phhs80 at gmail.com> wrote:

> snapshot of a
> document. I
> to Writer
> it didn't

> select Take Screenshot.
> whole display and then the

> select
> for the "Take a
> Window". Set them and use them.
> file somewhere, then load it
> > >
> > > To capture all the screen press PrintScreen and
> to capture only the
> > > active window press Alt PrintScreen.
> > > At least it works for me.
> >
> > I'm using what I believe to be the default setup,
> with metacity, and
> > Cntl-Printscreen takes a screenshot of the active
> window and lets me
> > save it to a png. YMMV.
>
> Another alternative is to use ksnapshot, but I am
> not sure whether it
> only works on KDE.
>
> Paul
>
> --

If you are using gnome a simple print screen captures
the whole screen, an alt+print screen captures the
window you are viewing.  Also if you installed
ImageMagick, you can also select run and type import
filename.jpg, filename.png, etc and use it to capture
windows or full screen.

Best Regards,

Antonio