Bootable Jump Drive

--On Monday, September 19, 2005 2:06 PM -0700 Rick Stevens <rstevens vitalstream com> wrote:

Under FC3/4, it should automount as "/media/usbdisk" once you plug it
in.

On a related note, any good HOWTO's for building a minimal bootable device? I want to test a custom FC4 kernel to make sure it can see my RAID array (the stock one can't) so I just need a shell and enough infrastructure to get the devices created and mount the array. Perhaps a small repair disk is the thing to build.

I've got a couple of USB Flash drives to play with, 256 MB and 1 GB.

I've got the kernel RPM built and I'd like to test it first before assembling installation media from it.