Samba / Windows Server 2003 SP1 Conflict

Timothy A. Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Mon Sep 19 21:46:57 UTC 2005

Hi Folks:

It seems that there is a problem with samba and Server 2003 SP1.  When
SP1 Installs, samba stops authenticating in ADS mode, and causes
considerable heartburn.  The research that I have found (dated April of
this year) seems to indicate that it is a problem with samba
communicating with the Kerbros server using a protocol called schannel
(I hope im getting this straight, Our domain controller crashed, and I
have lost my history to go back to the sources that I found).

Is there a work around other than not using SP1,  I seem to remember
that one of the sources that I saw indicated a command to be included in
the smb.conf file, but I cannot find it readily.  Can someone please
enlighten me as to how to get this working???

Thank you so much for your time and trouble

TIM