GDM setup after update + Xorg update;

Mirco Scara mircobeaker at hotpop.com
Tue Sep 20 08:57:47 UTC 2005

Hello again,
It seems as if I can't stop posting questions/problems since yesterday
but that's the way it's going a the moment with all these new broken
updates and fixes.
I incurred into a new problem with the new Login screen which after
being updated (GDM update from NRPMS) has completely stopped responding.
I tried to execute various commands related to GDM in
the /usr/bin /usr/sbin directories and after a while I managed to get a
new login screen with blank background and a plain login window which
displayed the following message:

CONFIGURATION IS NOT CORRECT:
THE CONFIGURATION FILE CONTAINS AN INVALID COMMAND LINE. THE LOGIN
DIALOG SO RUNNING THE DEFAULT COMMAND. PLEASE FIX YOUR CONFIGURATION.

What does that mean. Where is this configuration file?
I managed to change the login screen after executing the
command /usr/bin/gdm restart but in the configuration window I found no
invalid command line.
After doing this all my icons reverted to default and all my keyboard
shortcuts stopped responding.
I then rebooted the machine and the login screen had gone back to the
default blue screen.
How am I to correct this?

The other question is:

Can anyone let us know as soon as possible when the fix for the Xorg
update is gonna be released?

Thanks a lot

Mirco