xorg-x11 update may have broken my system

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Sep 20 11:14:30 UTC 2005

Alex Janssen wrote:

> Jim Cornette said the following on 9/19/2005 8:18 PM:
>

> I just want to get my graphics interface back.  I don't care who did
> what to who for ...
> Why don't they test this stuff before they distribute it?
> Everything was going great.  I was showing off linux(FC3) to all my
> friends and now I'm trying to hide it.  I tell 'em, I'm to busy right
> now to show it to you, come back later, like next week.  I hope I can
> get this fixed before then.
> Somebody post a fix!  Please.  I was actually using linux more than
> windows xp for once and now this!  Well, I know FC is a test bed.  I
> probably should switch to a more managed distro.  I don't think I can
> stomach this... I think I'm going to hurl ... mmm mmm ...
> I just did "yum install xorg-x11*",  it dl'd some modules and
> installed them, but X was still crippled.
> Is there any way to back up?
>
> Alex

Try this link and download the rpms from redhat. A fix will be released
soon.

http://people.redhat.com/krh/xorg-x11

For the response from the xorg-x11 list, see below link. There are links
for bug reports included in this message.

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2005-September/010093.html

Jim

--
QOTD: