Booting problem when usb is plugged in (inc. bootcharts)

StarQuake starquake at tiscali.nl
Tue Sep 20 13:30:04 UTC 2005

When I boot my pc with my mouse or some usb-stick attached It hangs for
exactly 10 seconds when displaying:

Initializing hardware.... storage network audio

after those ten seconds it continues with :

done [ OK ]

This is not a problem when I don't have any usb devices connected.

Here is some information about my laptop (HP Pavilion zv5450EA):

http://solid.bounceme.net/pub_files/bootproblem/sysinfo.txt

http://solid.bounceme.net/pub_files/bootproblem/bootchart-without-usb.png
http://solid.bounceme.net/pub_files/bootproblem/bootchart-with-usb.png

What could be wrong? Where can I find more info? What should I do?

For now i'll just plug in my mouse later :P

--
for some how-to's and rpms visit my site    : http://solid.bounceme.net
for commercially supported solutions visit  : http://www.robas.com