mounting floppy in read/write mode by user

Deepak Shrestha d8888pak at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 20 16:14:47 UTC 2005

Hi,

In my FC4, I have made a link to floppy device (KDE)
but coundn't mount it (in user mode). when I try to
mount the floppy, KDE ends up with error

-------------------------
Could not mount device

The reported error was

mount: I couln't determine the the filesystem type,
and none was specified
-------------------------

but if i mount it from command line in su mode its
fine. it seems like users are not permitted. how do I
make the users be able to mount the flopy in
read/write mode?

my fstab looks like this
------
/dev/fd0                /media/floppy           auto
 pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
/dev/hdd                /media/cdrecorder       auto
 pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
---------

I wonder why my cdwriter is working perfectly in user
mode. It can burn CDs without any error.

Any Suggestion?

Deepak K. Shrestha