Re: Does FC4 supports Pentium M ?

On 9/21/05, Eduardo Dela Rosa <eduardo delarosa gmail com> wrote:
Hi David,

Yes, Pentium M is listed since FC1. But by default, when you install
FCx, it's setup to using different Pentium process, i.e., Pentium 4.

In my case, I'm using Compaq nx5000, 1.7Ghz, 512MB RAM, Centrino,
I had to install the kernel source, re-configure to make it point to
Pentium M, then re-compile the kernel. Then configure the wireless
network card using wireless tools.

The generic i686 kernel will work on Pentium M CPU's without problems. The Fedora kernels will detect the processor type at runtime and enable the appropriate optimizations, so it's not longer neccesary to recompile the kernel for one specific CPU.

Klaasjan