Re: is floppy so old fashioned?

Deepak Shrestha wrote:
exactly! I am having similar problem with my floppy in
FC4. I can only mount it as root. so far no solution
yet.

Top posting is deprecated.

One way to be able to mount the floppy is to make
the fstab entry have ",user" in it. Another is (as
root) to

# chown <put your user name here> /dev/fd0

I don't suggest the latter as a regular fix, but it may reduce
your frustration levels.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.