Re: Digital Camera Best supported in Linux-FC4

Parameshwara Bhat wrote:
Hello All,

I plan to purchase a digital camera and want to know the brands which are best supported under FC4.

Thanks,

Parameshwara Bhat

As I am looking at this same thing, I actually emailed the manufacturer of the camera I am looking at and got a quick response. The Pentax *istDS complies with the USB Mass Storage Device standard. (so they say)

It would depend on your requirements. We use Nikons at work and I have not had any problems. The biggest issue will be the if the RAW format of the files is supported. I have yet to try this.

There was a commercial program that Pentax referred me to.

http://www.bibblelabs.com/

--
Robin Laing