Re: is there a package that will remotely run a unix command from a windows box?

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, Kenneth Porter wrote:

--On Wednesday, September 21, 2005 2:24 PM -0400 "G.Wolfe Woodbury" <ggw wolves durham nc us> wrote:

Look into:
	Putty
	Cygwin.com
	or
	Microsoft Unix Services for Windows

Personally, I use cygwin and the ssh commands therein.

I use Cygwin for the Gnu developer tools like diff, but I'm still partial to PuTTY for interactive ssh. (A similar tool for file transfer is WinSCP.)

However, the original poster was looking for remote script starting, and for that Cygwin ssh is probably the best choice; more lightweight than PuTTY and can run from an existing Windows console.

you can just use rsh. It is a built in windows command line tool.