Re: Need Help With Simple Partitioning Scheme

That should be okay, except for the following:

1. I don't believe that you should have a 1GB swap; follow the
rule of thumb in creating swap filesystem, that is, use only
2x the size of the physical RAM that you have; making it so
large would only be a waste of space because the OS uses
it only if there's a need for swapping-out/in of data which is
required by the many running applications at runtime; moreover,
too much swapping process indicates memory bottleneck and
affects performance;

2. As much as possible, make the swap second to the /boot,
the fact that it is your secondary memory, the spin head should
not travel accross your entire harddisk to read and/or write from/to
your swap file system.

hth.