How to solve hanging printer problem?

Hi

I have a HP Deskjet printer attached to FC4 machine. I
have no idea why printer hangs when printing images or
long documents (like around 10 pages plus).
What I mean by hang means:
printer prints few lines and stops and printing head
goes back to parking position as if it has finished
the printing job. To eject the paper I have to cancel
the printing job and remove the power chord and put it
back again.
Is this related to CUPS driver or printer memory?

Deepak K. Shrestha