Painter IX

Tarjei Knapstad tarjei.knapstad at predichem.com
Thu Sep 22 14:03:21 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 19:12, Henry Hartley wrote:
> Does anyone know of software similar to Corel Painter that runs on
> Linux?  For a while Corel was pushing Linux but not any more.

I'm not familiar with Corel Painter, but first off have you tried
installing and running it under Wine?

Other than that, ArtRage is a free and quite good paint program that
works great under Wine:

http://www.ambientdesign.com/artrage.html

To install the MSI file using wine do the following:

1. Download
http://download.microsoft.com/download/WindowsInstaller/Install/2.0/W9XMe/EN-US/InstMsiA.exe
2. Install it under Wine: wine InstMsiA.exe
3. Download the ArtRage .msi file
4. Install it: wine msiexec /i artrage_setup.msi

Good luck,
--
Tarjei