Re: Updating kernel on Installation CD

It's not in bugzilla, it's probably a "feature request". FC4 doesn't
enable the APIC kernel params required for my system.  Also, the
driver for the dac960 may not be included in FC4's installation
modules??? (I think it's listed as de-supported in release notes for
FC1 or 2) All I know is that from RH 8.0 and beyond, the installation
screen blanks and bootup stops shortly after the kernel starts loading
from cdrom.  RH 7.3 and earlier installs just fine though.

This URL describes a fix for DAC960 problems:
http://www.techonthenet.com/linux/fc2_update.php

Someone suggested I try CentOS, I'll look into that.

Thanks,
Brian Hayward