Re: /etc/rc.d gone!

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Bogdan-Stefan Rotariu wrote:

Andrew B. Young wrote:
Yesterday my FC3 system crashed and will now only boot to run level 0.
The / directory only mounts as read-only.
And /etc/rc.d is gone!

I am looking for any thoughts whatsoever.

look in lost+found on your root filesystem... if there are some unlinked directories in there you have so fs corruption... you you haven't fscked it manually yet you might want to do that.

tx,andyy

you could get and install initscripts-*

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja darkwing uoregon edu