Re: OT: GnuCash

Marc M wrote:

I am struggling with the same thing myself. From what I can tell, the double entry thing means that for EACH transaction you have to make sure you do two things.

Thanks everyone for the help. It think I figured it out. I incorrectly created my main account as a Cash account (because in my case its not in a bank). I changed my main account to "Bank", now to record the $100 donation I make a deposit in the bank account and select my Donation account as the source. For me the income and expense accounts equate to categories in Quicken, its just mandatory here.

Thanks again everyone.