OT: GnuCash

Robert Bell robert at thebellfamily.com
Fri Sep 23 19:00:21 UTC 2005

Marc M wrote:

> I am struggling with the same thing myself.  From what I can tell, the
> double entry thing means that for EACH transaction you have to make
> sure you do two things.

Thanks everyone for the help. It think I figured it out. I incorrectly
created my main account as a Cash account (because in my case its not in
a bank). I changed my main account to "Bank", now to record the $100
donation I make a deposit in the bank account and select my Donation
account as the source. For me the income and expense accounts equate to
categories in Quicken, its just mandatory here.

Thanks again everyone.