Re: Video codec MS WMV 9 (win32)

Paul Smith wrote:
Dear All

I am trying to play a video file with extension WMP, but I get the
following error:

"Video codec 'MS WMV 9 (win32)' is not handled. You might need to
install additional plugins to be able to play some types of movies"

What codec should I install to view that file?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

You didn't mention which player you're using. I'm using "mplayer" and I installed the "all" codec pack from the mplayer website.

all all codecs for Linux x86 (Win32 .dll and Linux .so) 20050412 12.3M

Works fine for playing windows media files.

Regards,

John