Nut,usb and installation

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Sat Sep 24 04:54:46 UTC 2005

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005, david walcroft wrote:

> Hi,
>   I'm trying to set up my ups  [Powermate 3105]  so far :
>
> 1/ It's recognised as 'Vendor=0592 Prodid=0002'
>
> 2/ Kernel message : 'reddwarf kernel: usb 2-1: new low speed USB device using
> uhci_hcd and address 2'
>
> I installed 'CheckUPS' from Powermate.com.au
>
> Read posts at marc.theaimsgroup, didn't appear to help (serial connections as
> against usb)
>
> Have problems in understanding which port or pipe to use.
>
> similar problem in uderstanding how you start it running and the config files
> for me are murder to work through.
>
> I realy need someone to help me install/run Nut/CheckUPS
>
>  Thanks     david

ALthough there's no documentation refrerring to it, you need to configure
nut in FC using /etc/sysconfig/ups.  Things that you can set there need to
be set there.  Other things are configured using the files in /etc/ups.

Also, there's a bug against the kernel (can't get to Bugzilla to check the
number just now due to flakey net connection) regarding the hidups driver
and unhandled interrupts that may cause you problems (unless it's fixed in
the latest updates-testing kernel).

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences