Inel Wireless 2915ABG & FC4 on Dell Inspiron 9300

Neil Cherry ncherry at comcast.net
Sat Sep 24 16:13:15 UTC 2005

D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> | From: Linux <linux at strigen.com>
>
> | Scot L. Harris wrote:

> | I think all is installed, but in the /var/log Messages I can see the
> | following, looks like something goes wrong.

> | Sep 22 22:23:34 localhost kernel: ipw2200: ipw-2.2-boot.fw load failed: Reason
> | -2

> Hints for problem solving:
> - read the log to see where things first appear to go wrong
> - google for the message(s)

All good suggestions, also a tip, use the command perror to find out
what an error number means. Example:

wolfgang(pts/5)$ perror 2
Error code   2:  No such file or directory

You don't use the '-' in front of the number.
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               (Text only)
http://hcs.sourceforge.net/                     (HCS II)