FC4_386 new install: Request_module: runaway loop modprobe binfmt-464c

I just installed the regular 386 version (already have 64 bit version
running, no problems) on another partition and on rebooting I get the
error:

Request_module: runaway loop modprobe binfmt-464c

This happens when or just after the kernel is decompressing.  The DVD
that I used was the one I received with the magasine Linux Format, not
one that I downloaded myself.

Any ideas on how to solve this one?