Help Please ........ RHEL 3.0 AS no keyboard and mouse (USB)

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Sun Sep 25 13:36:20 UTC 2005

On Sun, Sep 25, 2005 at 07:40:21AM +0000, Harikumar Krishnan wrote:
> hai friends,
> Having tried some free linux versions earlier i decided to try RHEL 3.0 .
> Well my usb mouse and even keyboard is not working even during install....
> So watsed a lot of time trying to recover the mouse or keyboard , afterwhich
> i managed to do a kickstart full install... Now the same situation after
> install... Cannot try any other thngs by booting into system cause i dont
> have a ps/2 keyboard... So booted to my FC4 partition and mounted the
> partition and found the /var/log/dmesg to notice that catually these things
> are detected correctly but theres some other problem.... heres that part of
> dmesg...
>
> All suggestions and help are welcome...........
> Thanking you in anticipation ...
> Hari.

I may all wet but recently we got a new machine form Dell with RHEL
installed (I assume it is the latest one). Well I was surprised that
is was still using the 2.4 kernel and seemed to be modeled after FC1.
This means it may be stable bit it is very old fedora technology.

I enjoy the time that we spend together.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
telephone: (210)-999-7484