Re: Nut,usb and installation

Quoting Markku Kolkka <markkuk tuubi net>:

> david walcroft kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika sunnuntai, 25.
> syyskuuta 2005 10:25):
>
> > I have never seen so many config files for one programme !!
>
> Nut isn't one program, it's at least three: the UPS driver, the
> server (upsd) and the monitor client (upsmon). Each is
> configured separately.

Not to mention the udev-->USB? that likely needs configuring as well.

If it makes you feel better, David, I have an older UPS that worked fine with
NUT on Mandrake 9, but if I connect it to a WinXP machine, the UPS turns off
briefly during startup.  The vendor's FAQ says I need a firmware update.  Be
thankful if you get off with nothing worse than a half-dozen config file edits
(and that you don't have to reboot after each edit!).

--
George N. White III
Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia