Metacity and mplayer - process left after closing window

Hi,

This issue is rather old, but I've not found much about it on Google or any archives.. If I close an mplayer window using the window's close button (or just Alt+F4) the mplayer process is left in memory (I have to manually kill it off). Is there a workaround for this ? I know I can press 'q', but it's _annoying_, and as far as I can remember, this bug has been around for a long time. The issue is there for the two most important -vo drivers: xv and x11 (but also for others). Is mplayer not setting the right WM hints (like a "Do not show a CLOSE button"-hint), or is Metacity doing something wrong here ?

Øyvind
--
< Øyvind Stegard < oyvinst at ifi uio no >
 < http://www.oyvind.nu/