RedHat registration needed for Fedora Core 4 to have up2date working??

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon Sep 26 12:31:18 UTC 2005

Am Mo, den 26.09.2005 schrieb Masopust Christian um 14:20:

> is it true that RedHat registration and purchase of warenty is
> neccessary for up2date working on FC4??

No, it is not. Fedora and all its updates is available for free.

> I did a fresh install of FC4 last friday, got the recent updates
> (via up2date!!!) and when i tried to run up2date this morning i
> got the error-message that i need to register with RHN....
>
> any idea what's happening here??

up2date and the applet has more issues on FC4 than it should. You are
encouraged to switch over to use yum instead for keeping your system up
to date. Besides that yum has other powerful features too which up2date
lacks.

> christian

Alexander

Serendipity 14:29:05 up 5 days, 22:14, load average: 0.32, 0.30, 0.26