Newbie PPC Core 4 questions

beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Mon Sep 26 20:10:53 UTC 2005

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 18:29:42 -0700, Adam Boettiger wrote:
[....]
> I have ordered Linux Yellow Dog on CD's. Other than going back to Core 3,
> does anyone have anything else I should try?
[....]

After years of running YellowDog successfully on a G3 iBook, I decided to
try to get all the machines in the house onto one distro -- even the
iBook. I than had troubles much like yours.

Eventually, I ordered a set of FC4 CDs from http://www.pctech101.com/ --
for ten bucks including shipping. They came in a couple of days, and
worked like a charm.

NB: The only connection I have ever had with pctech101 is the one
described above; I had seen it praised on a LUG, and tried it.

--
Beartooth Oldfart, Neo-Redneck, Linux Convert
FC4; Pine 4.63, Pan 0.14.2.91; Privoxy 3.0.3;