Re: clean out /tmp?

On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 09:48 +1200, Morgan Read wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there a way to keeping my /tmp's cleaned out in FC?

Nothing in /tmp should be expected to survive a reboot.
In fact, some people like to run /tmp as a tempfs (temporary file
system) - only problem is, a tempfs can get full if you aren't careful.

But you can write an init script to delete it all at shutdown (or
startup). Or just do what I do - ignore it, if space ever gets tight -
then I boot into runlevel 3 and clear it (you don't want to clear it
with X running)