Finding out application causing disk/io?

Howdi I have a server that servers MySQL, Apache and NFS - fairly standard stuff :).
It has sometimes has some occasional load spikes that often last between 15min an one hour with load between 5 and 10. I'm running systat and sar and iostat, how do I find out just which application is causing the disk/io? Got any helpful hints what you would do to find out which of the major applications that
is causing it?

Cheers,
Chris