Re: how do turn off an external hard drive

jdow wrote:
From: "Michael Hennebry" <hennebry web cs ndsu nodak edu>

[snip]

Nyet on my IOMEGA.
I had this problem before,
but don't remember what I did about it.

Now I do.
The USB connector had to be unplugged before the power off switch would work.

That makes sense. It would be an easy way to prevent placing an overload
on the USB power bus.

I believe the rationale is to prevent power-down while the
drive (may) still be in use (mounted).

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.