SATA install - 'No driver Found'

[FC-user] David May dfmdfm at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 26 23:26:13 UTC 2005

Dear LazyWeb,

I am trying to install FC4 on my squeeky new Intel D945GNT board with
SATA drive.
But after a few dialog boxes in I am presented with a dialog box that
says 'Unable to find any devices of the type needed for this
installation type.', with a couple of buttons to either manually select
a driver type or to supply a driver disk. I get this weather the BIOS is
setup up as IDE or AHCI.
I have tried a few SATA drivers, to no avail.

 From this page, http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/sata.html,
  I have tried option 1 (as listed above)
  and I am not setup to do option 2.
  So, is option 3 for me?

Does any one know the skinny to get this install completed?
And how do I determine what SATA chipset I have (such as, Intel ICH5
SATA-I) which might explain why option 1 does not work.

Thanks,

Dave May