OT: How to copy MBR between two VMware 5.0 virtual disks?

Need an advice.

I have Gate's product 98 :) under VMware 5.0 and want to reduce its disk
(i set it as not growing one, the fixed size). So I think to copy its
content by simple copy in gp98 to another vrtual disk and want to copy
MBR to it so that it might be bootable/functionable after this is done.
HOW to do that? I think to boot from my FC4 disk1 and may dd somehow,
no?

--
Best regards,
Strong.