FC4 install disks

I just had a bizaare experience with FC4 install disks on a venerable desktop machine with G450 video card, and an old Radius PrecisionColor Display/17.  The disks didn't detect the monitor, but did detect the card.  Two monitors, another one, a noname 17".  Both monitors acted flakey: they were as if coated w/ jello, and the mouse messed up the jello.

The same disks worked ok on a gateway laptop on which I burned these disks.

Alan Davis