Re: Gnome 2.12 in FC4

On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 09:54 +0200, Roger Grosswiler wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Thanks, but:
>
> "But be aware... This is not the tested solution from Fedora team"
>
> Tested is what i am looking for ;-) or even to test
>
> Roger

If you are willing to test, run Fedora Rawhide.
Gnome will not be updated in FC4 - other than bug fixes.
Upgrading gnome would break some apps that depend upon the older shared
libraries - and thus, would require massive rebuilds (and some patches)
of software on the system.

That happens - in Fedora Rawhide - where it eventually becomes the next
Fedora Core release. They welcome testers. Me - I only run rawhide when
they come out with the first development snapshot of next release, it is
too likely to be broken other than that.