firefox 1.0.7, fonts gone awol. SOLVED yet again

Eric Tanguy eric.tanguy at univ-nantes.fr
Tue Sep 27 17:33:22 UTC 2005

Le mardi 27 septembre 2005 à 11:55 -0400, Matthew Saltzman a écrit :
> On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, Eric TANGUY wrote:
>
> >> uncomment the following two lines in /usr/bin/firefox:
> >>
> >> #MOZ_DISABLE_PANGO=1
> >> #export MOZ_DISABLE_PANGO
> >>

> > This seems to solve your problem but disable mathml rendering in firefox.
> > Eric
>
> No, disabling Pango currently *enables* mathml rendering in the FC
> distribution of Fx.  AIUI, there are incompatibilities between Pango/Cairo
> as distributed in FC4 and Pango/Xft as expected by Fx.  Mathml in Fx
> in FC4 with Pango enabled is badly broken.  Mathml in FC4 Fx without Pango
> isn't all that great, but it is passable.  Check out
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mathml/demo/texvsmml.xhtml.
>
> --
>  		Matthew Saltzman
>
> Clemson University Math Sciences
> mjs AT clemson DOT edu
> http://www.math.clemson.edu/~mjs

Sorry for the mistake you're right.
But i go the this page
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mathml/demo/texvsmml.xhtml firefox
complain about lack of Math1, Math2 and Math4 fonts. I don't understand
because it seems to be right before update to firefox 1.0.7 but i'm not
sure of that.

--
Eric Tanguy | Nantes, France
<eric.tanguy at univ-nantes.fr>