Re: Help to use twin 1 gig lan ports

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, Jim Christiansen wrote:

I've just purchased a server board with two 1 gig lan ports. I would like to set one up for inbound traffic and the other for outbound traffic. Can this be done??

If this isn't possible is there another way to use these two ports to enhance network through-put??

If you have a managed ethernet-switch you can bond or trunk the two ports together.

Thanks,  Jim

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja darkwing uoregon edu