Are kernel patch files available?

Nick Bishop nick4soup at yahoo.com.au
Tue Sep 27 20:35:18 UTC 2005

I am running an FC3 system, with
  $ uname -r
  2.6.9-1.667

Now, I have downloaded and compiled the vanilla 2.6.9
Kernel source from kernel.org.

The question is ... can I get a source patch file that
upgrades from 2.6.9 ---> 2.6.9-1.667?

I see the SRPMS directory with Fedora's kernel source
RPM, but I am reluctant to download that through my
modem as well.

The reason I am wanting this is there seems to be a
problem with no SElinux context labels within the
/dev/shm & /dev/pts pseudo file-trees, causing
messages and failures to be spat out at me when
booting the kernel.org kernel.

Bear in mind that I've also unpacked the
initrd-2.6.9-1.667.img file, replaced the /lib/*.ko
files, and repacked it to a different file, and
altered grub.conf for all the above, and ensured my
modules got installed to a different /lib/modules
tree.

[the good news is that it continues and even starts
the X server allowing me to work "normally"].

Nick Bishop
-----
email replies ignored
-----
Words of advice from the GNU team: if it doesn't fit,
don't --force it.
-oOo-