JavaHL for FC3?

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Wed Sep 28 12:04:55 UTC 2005

D. D. Brierton wrote:
> I'm trying to get subclipse (SVN support for Eclipse) working in Eclipse
> 3.1 on FC3, but I get errors trying to connect to some external
> repositories using either JavaSVN or SVN command line. Colleagues here
> are connecting without error using JavaHL but they are using Windows and
> subclipse for Windows includes JavaHL whereas the Linux version doesn't.
>
> As I'm fairly clueless when it comes to Java (and frankly am fairly
> happy to stay that way) what is the most pain free way of installing the
> JavaHL library on FC3?

Can you use subversion directly from the commandline?  I was suprised to
find that it uses 'nonstandard' (or at least, unusual and often
unsupported) HTTP verbs which mean that most port 80 proxies destroy the
possibility to use subversion.  Specifically, if your ISP runs an
incompatible transaprent port 80 proxy, you will not be able to use
subversion on port 80 at all with remote repos.

-Andy