Mail server on FC4

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Sep 28 12:09:31 UTC 2005

Am Mi, den 28.09.2005 schrieb Przemyslaw Gawronski um 13:23:

> I'm trying to setup mail server on FC4, I was suggested to us the
> following tools:
>
> - postfix as MTA,
> - cyrus-imap as IMAP server,
> - openldap for authentication of virtual mail accounts,

That would be a powerful and scalable combination.

> Any one succeeded with such configuration ?

Yes.

> Do you know of any HOWTO's covering the topic ?

I fear there is not a single one, but several which explain different
parts of those 3 components you named above. Nothing like a real
cookbook, you will have to know at least basic knowledge about Postfix,
Cyrus-IMAPd and OpenLDAP.

> Przemek

Alexander

Serendipity 14:06:30 up 7 days, 21:52, load average: 0.24, 0.28, 0.21