JavaHL for FC3?

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Wed Sep 28 12:29:33 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-28 at 13:04 +0100, Andy Green wrote:
> D. D. Brierton wrote:
> > I'm trying to get subclipse (SVN support for Eclipse) working in Eclipse
> > 3.1 on FC3, but I get errors trying to connect to some external
> > repositories using either JavaSVN or SVN command line. Colleagues here
> > are connecting without error using JavaHL but they are using Windows and
> > subclipse for Windows includes JavaHL whereas the Linux version doesn't.
> >
> > As I'm fairly clueless when it comes to Java (and frankly am fairly
> > happy to stay that way) what is the most pain free way of installing the
> > JavaHL library on FC3?
>
> Can you use subversion directly from the commandline?

Yes, I can connect to the repositories in question without problem from
the command line. However, if I use the "SVN command line" option in
subclipse I get an error ("Subcommand 'list' doesn't accept option '--
xml'"). It does look like the easiest way to accomplish what I want is
to use the JavaHL library, but I really don't want to compile all of
subversion from source.

(Just to clarify, the subclipse plugin for Eclipse offers a choice of
three backends for accessing subversion repositories: JavaHL, JavaSVN,
or the SVN command line. I can't get the latter two to work with a
couple of repositories I need access to, but colleagues using Windows
who have the JavaHL library installed can using that option.)

Best, Darren