What is this rawhide thing?

Hi!

I am trying to install FC4 from dvd onto a Dell PowerEdge SC420. The graphical installation fails, which I think is explained by Bugzilla #161242, which admits to a problem with x11 and vesa adapters. This talks about a fix having been imported to rawhide - but what is this rawhide thing? Does it provide an updated dvd iso image for FC4? Bear in mind that I don't have a system installed as yet, so an updated xorg-x11 rpm is no use to me, nor can I use yum or up2date. Unfortunately I need to use the graphical installation because I am trying to install to a pair of sata disks configured with software raid-1, and the text version of disk druid doesn't seem to support this.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

--
Robert Firth <rjfirth iee org>
Tonbridge, Kent, UK