Re: Shutdown command with -t secs

Barry Yu kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika keskiviikko, 28. syyskuuta 2005 18:21):
> I intended to shutdown the system in 10 second when issued
> command ; shutdown -h -t secs 10, and I got the result
> displayed; The system is going DOWN for halt in 10 minutes!
> (Actually 10 seconds are what I want)
> Have I missed something?

You missed the man page and the definition of the -t flag:
-t sec Tell  init(8)  to wait sec seconds between sending processes the
       warning and the kill signal, before  changing  to  another  run-
       level.

You can't specify a 10 second wait before shutdown. If you want to shutdown
in less than 1 minute, use "now" as the time.

--
 Markku Kolkka
 markku kolkka iki fi