Re: OT: Massachusetts Verdict: MS Office Formats Out

Fajar Priyanto wrote:
The future is forming up....

The state of Massachusetts Friday made it official: It will use only nonproprietary document formats in state-affiliated offices effective Jan. 1, 2007. Although state CIO Peter Quinn has said repeatedly that this issue does not represent "the state versus Microsoft Corp. —or any one company," adoption of the long-debated plan may result in all versions of Microsoft's Office productivity suite being phased out of use throughout the state's executive branch agencies.

Or MS could "open" its document format...

[snip]

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.