Re: SAMBA home directories and SELinux

Vitaliy Ivanov wrote:

On Wednesday 28 September 2005 19:13, Stephen Walton wrote:
With SELinux enabled, both smbclient and users on Windows machines fail
to get access to home directories.  What magic chcon invocation do I need?

Solution 2 (might survive a reboot; I didn't actually try this one):

[root]# setsebool -P samba_enable_home_dirs=1

This does survive a reboot as it puts samba_enable_home_dirs in /etc/selinux/targeted/booleans.local. Unfortunately I tried doing both this and

setsebool -P smb_use_home_dirs=1

to no avail.

smbclient //machine/swalton

still throws a NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME error when I try to connect to my home directory with SELinux set to "enforcing", and the error message in the smb log file reads

'/home/swalton' does not exist or is not a directory, when connecting to [swalton]