AVI to DV format how?

How is it possible to convert avi files to dv files in order to be able
to edit the video with kino?
I am using Konverter and ffmpeg and I 've also tried mencoder but I
can't seem to find a correct way to convert my avi files to dv.
Is there any special command that could enable me to do so or is there a
another application capable of doing this either graphically or at teh
command line?

Thanks in advance.

Mirco