Re: how do you make the keyboard shortcuts work? (FC4)

Tim <ignored_mailbox yahoo com au> wrote:

Hi,

Try as I might, I can't get any of the keyboard shortcuts to work that I
program into the "keyboard shortcuts" preferences Gnome GUI tool.  I can
do something like change the print screen shortcut to also require the
shift key to be pressed, but if I wanted to add a shortcut for something
to open the web browser, for instance, nothing happens.  Same goes for
things like volume controls, log out, etc.  Is there some trick to this?

You might want to give this a try:

http://darkknight9.blogspot.com/2005/08/custom-keybinding-gnome.html

-M