Re: "exchange server" for Linux

On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 10:24, rengland europa com wrote:

> I don't believe the responder was equating "Exchange" with an operating
> system.  They were only pointing out that Linux/Gnu was an entire
> operating system with all its complexity and size and it was "free".  Why
> couldn't an Exchange replacement be free?

Probably right...
But read through the RFC's for the standards-based ways of doing
the separate tasks that exchange/outlook integrate and you'll get
the impression that having separate committees each trying to work
around the others' problems creates a problem much harder to solve
than creating an integrated solution from scratch.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com