Re: SAMBA home directories and SELinux

Daniel J Walsh wrote:

Stephen Walton wrote:

smbclient //machine/swalton

still throws a NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME error when I try to connect to my home directory with SELinux set to "enforcing", and the error message in the smb log file reads

'/home/swalton' does not exist or is not a directory, when connecting to [swalton]

Are you seeing AVC messages in /var/log/messages or /var/log/audit/audit.log?

No, but perhaps I need a log level tweaked higher somewhere. It is 100% reliably true that if I use system-config-securitylevel to set SELinux enforcing to off, smbclient works fine, and if I reset SELinux back to enforcing I see the above error messages again. So SELinux is definitely the culprit here somehow.