OT - How to reply to digest email?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Sep 30 14:53:21 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-30 at 14:33 +1000, Nick Bishop wrote:
> I am subscribed to fedora-list in digest mode, to cut
> email volume.

Does it really?  You might avoid some bandwidth/space in not having
individual headers for each message, but you lose all sorts of things
that you can do with messages (delete/ignore threads, watch threads,
keep some messages, reply properly, etc.).

> My question is when I see a message in the digest I want to reply to,
> how do I ensure that my reply gets attached to the right thread at the
> right point?
>
> I do alter the subject line, and trim the reply-quoted
> stuff, but is there another trick I can also use?

That only relates your reply to the digest, not the original messages.
Threading is done via header information.

You need a digest that has the entire message (headers, too), which
negates the idea of cutting e-mail volume, and a client that could break
them apart (again, negating the your reason for using a digest).

I read messages from the public lists.